Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oranges

Like every other human being alive, the holidays are my favorite time of the year. But in all honesty, my favorite thing about it is not all the Christmas cookies, or the music, or the hot chocolate, or even the cold. My favorite thing about this time of the year is that it is orange season. Call me crazy, I know it sounds weird, but to me there are few things better in this world than a ripe orange around Christmas time. I secretly wish I lived in the olden days where kids got oranges in their stockings every year instead of trivial things like hairbrushes and gum. I envy those lucky people that live in California and probably are so sick of the sight of oranges they will never eat one again. I don't believe such an experience is possible. What I wouldn't give for an orange tree in my backyard. During my last week of college, I bought 12 oranges from Broulims (our grocery store) and ate them all in 5 days. What can I say? I may as well be addicted. Oranges just put me in a really good mood, and I love that I smell like orange after I enjoy one. Is it so strange that I clandestinely crave a box of oranges for Christmas? That is really all I want, I promise. They are probably one of the few keys to my heart... that, and Coke Zero. But don't get me started on that, or even Coke Zero with an orange. To me, that is bliss in its purest form. Merry Christmas everyone, and if I find a mysterious box of oranges on my doorstep one of these days, just know I'll love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment