Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I usually blog when I've got something pressing on my mind so forcefully that I feel my head is on the verge of explosion. Believe it or not, it is not one thing today that has gotten me thinking, but rather many. Presently, my life could not be more fulfilling. My mind and heart are both very full today. Most people describe a period in their lives where they suddenly 'find themselves,' and for some strange reason, I think I have recently toed the line of doing exactly that. Take it from me, it isn't like I've had some kind of earth-shattering epiphany lately or anything, but all those nights where I lie awake trying to fall asleep are the times where I sit and reflect on the things in my life that are truly the most important. My life is simple at the moment, and I feel like that's why everything has been so good. It's the little things that make me the happiest these days. Like visits from my favorite boyfriend, snow cones, finding a few extra cents in my pocket, and deep conversation. It's great having people in my life that feel the way I do about the important things, and feel differently enough about everything else to keep things interesting. Surrounding myself with stable and confident people has changed me somewhat into something similar. Because, after all, it is said that we become products of our environment. I have always been blessed with stalwart and responsible friends, and my current status proves no different. I know what I want to do with my life and who I want to remain in it. And frankly, I love waking up every morning with the conviction to do nothing other than move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment